- Promotion of coconut as the cause of the name of the state of Keralam.
- Expand the activities of the Coconut Development Corporation to every ward of every local body.
- Identify and honour the oldest coconut in each ward.
- Insurance cover for each coconut.
- Promotion of Coconut Tree Adoption.
- Soaps including tax cut for Coconut Farmers.
- Freely distribute coconut saplings to the students.
- Studies of Coconut should be inserted in the curricula.
- Manual Coconut Plucking should be declared as a highly skilled and risky job.
- Tax-cuts for hotels and restaurants that use coconut oil.
- Introduction of Coconut-Week Celebrations.
- Promotion of Coconut preservation programmes.
- Introduce tax for other imported oils.
- For lamps used in government functions, coconut oil only should be used.
- Preference for coir products in the government offices.
- Attractive and early pension schemes for the Coconut Plucking labourers.
- Regular broadcasting of advertisements, songs etc. promoting Coconut.
- Regular promotional activities on the medicinal effect of coconut oil.
- Endowment for Coconut Research.
- Establishment of Coconut Research institutes in every Assembly constituency.
- Promoting handicrafts from coconut shell.
- Thin coir string is to used for all office needs.
- Research Centers and Chairs in all Universities in Keralam.
- Avoid all drinks except water, tender coconut, the processed non-alcoholic drinks from coconut in all government offices and functions.
- Promotion of Coconut “apple.”
- Copra-based sweets, biscuits, fast-food, Tiffin etc. may be promoted with tax cuts.
- Awards for coconut farmers.
- Short-films and pamphlets in the promotion of coconut.
- Special welfare schemes for workers in all types coconut mills.
- Promotion of start-ups in the area of Coconut-related industry.
- Climbing on coconut tree should be included as a competitive sports event.
- Promote developing more dwarf-coconut varieties.
- Promote machines for coconut plucking and processing.
Monday, July 18, 2016
In the budget of the government of Keralam, there was a proposal to have five per cent levy on coconut oil. It is estimated to fetch Rs. 150 crore for the exchequer. Although, this proposal is sharply criticized by many, it is a clever move to encash the growing demand for coconut oil in Keralam. It also boosts the price of the coconut indirectly, thereby helping the coconut farmers. Keralam has great potency in converting its rare natural gift, the coconut tree, to which it owes its name (Keralam – Land of Kera (coconut) Tree). It is very strange to note that on the streets of Chennai, one has to pay Rs. 40 for a non-tasty tender coconut. A concerted effort from the various government agencies can create huge coconut money in Keralam. Here are some suggestions to have new directions in the coconut-promotion.
One has to develop one's own habit of writing. One important characteristic of habit is that one may not realize what one does in a hab...
Mathematics is everywhere. Hence, it is for everyone. Mathematical concepts, simple to complex, are explained by great mathematicians and ...
Tali – Minnu Talikettu or Minnukettu is supposed to be the most important public ritual by the bride and the groom in a marriage cere...
Shakuntala Devi was the best known face of popular Mathematics in India. She was renowned for her mindboggling calculations. Indian Math...